Madesmart® is a housewares company focused on design. We started in 1990 with the original Junk Drawer Organizer®. Our mission is to elevate the experience organizing your home. We continually strive to develop new, innovative solutions for home organization, while staying true to our four key values: style, function, quality, and affordability.
We are the leader in home storage and organization offering over 300 products. At madesmart®, we believe that when you create a beautifully designed, useful product, it will make the act of getting organized enjoyable and fun. We believe that there is a peace of mind that comes along with knowing you will always find what you are looking for quickly and easily this is what we aim to provide.
We pride ourselves in collaborating not only within our team but with buyers, retailers and consumers along the way. Our success is cultivated by building beautiful products, solid relationships, and trust in the madesmart® brand.
Visit our website at www.madesmart.com to discover more about our team, culture, and mission.
· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
Product Designer – Mid-Level
Do you get excited about trends, products, and new emerging products? Do want to see the results of your work at major retailers? Are you excited about the idea of working with a highly collaborative, fast moving team? If you answered yes, then this might be a fantastic opportunity for you!
Madesmart® is looking for a product designer who is collaborative, creative, and has a strong passion for their work.
Based in Saint Paul, you will join our team of designers, engineers, finance, and operations to develop and pitch products to major retailers such as Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, Wal-Mart, and Lowe’s. As a product designer, you will partner very closely with Design, Marketing, and Sales to develop new, innovative products that make a difference in people’s lives. We are seeking someone to join our dynamic culture of exceptional problem solvers, creatives, and collaborators. We strive to create an environment where every day is challenging, fun, and rewarding.
Madesmart® is looking for a Product Designer who is collaborative, energetic, motivated, supportive and a go-getter.
As a member of our team, you collaborate with our in-house designers, engineers, finance, and operations to develop products in existing and new categories to expand the Madesmart® assortment.
As a Product Designer, you will partner very closely with the design, marketing and engineering teams to develop products that provide newness, innovation, and trend to the home. We are seeking someone to join our dynamic culture of exceptional problem solvers, creatives, and collaborators. We strive to create an environment where every day is challenging, fun, fast-paced and rewarding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform category research to inform design direction and identify opportunities for innovation
- Contribute to early design phase via quick, rough brainstorming in order to generate a variety of different solutions to a given problem
- Work collaboratively to interpret rough ideas into visual concepts via sketches and renders to be presented and discussed at formal design reviews
- Create final, production ready files once designs are approved
- Perform user testing and analysis to prove out concepts and ensure viability and success
- Work with Engineering and operations teams to ensure that concepts are realistic and manufacturable
- Collaborate with Graphics and Operations teams to establish packaging design and decoration
- Collaborate with Design Management and Marketing to ensure products follow all Madesmart® quality and design requirements
Preferred Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2+ years of experience in a creative, collaborative environment
- Proactive, strong verbal communication
- Excellent writing skills
- Willingness to receive feedback and collaborate to come to solutions
- Knowledge of design software – Solidworks, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Strong analytical, organization, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to follow through with the entire process, from initial concept – final, production ready files
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes, specifically injection molding
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines
- 3d printing knowledge and basic shop experience a plus
Saint Paul, MN 55104
4-year degree in industrial design, product design or equivalent